Improving child and family quality of life through effective applied behavior analysis and support
ABA Therapy in Bloomingdale, Florida
KNR provides ABA therapy to help children with autism and their families live life with confidence.
Our team of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) leverage principles of ABA to provide carefully constructed, individualized treatment to children with autism and related disorders. Our model revolves around ongoing assessments and family participation training that drive optimal clinical outcomes.
Supporting your child’s behavior and learning may feel overwhelming. You likely have a lot of questions and concerns about your future. You’ve come to the right place.
Client Intake and Assessment
Customized Intervention Plans
No two children are the same, and neither are intervention plans. Our clinical model spans beyond individual skill development and behavior reduction and focuses on child and family’s quality of life.
Quality of Life Approach Focused on 4 Key Pillars
Our goal is to equip you and your family with the necessary tools to succeed outside of scheduled therapy hours. We provide families with resources and training so that they can become fully independent over time.
(I) Health & Safety (II) Communication & Relationships (III) Productive Activity (IV) Community Participation
ABA Therapy is covered by many private and government-sponsored health insurance plans, including Medicaid. KNR accepts most insurance plans as well as self-pay and scholarships. If your insurance company isn’t listed below, please call us for more information.
WHAT IS ABA THERAPY AND HOW DO YOU SELECT A PROVIDER?
Applied Behavior Analysis therapy or ABA Therapy is an evidence-based best practice known for the treatment of autism and related disorders. ABA Therapy is typically carried out by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst or Behavior Technician.
ABA Therapy has been proven to be effective in reducing problem behaviors, increasing communication skills, increasing social and play skills, increasing coping skills and improving self-help and daily living skills. ABA Therapy is delivered in a variety of settings, including home, community, center and school. Prior to selecting an ABA provider, it is important to reflect on what your goals are for your loved one’s development – the answer to this question will influence the provider you select to work with. Below are a few important questions to ask when evaluating a new provider:
- Where will the therapy be provided? For example, if your loved one exhibits problem behaviors at school, but not in the home, it will be important to find an ABA provider who can provide school-based services at least part of the time. Skills learned in one setting will ultimately be generalized across settings, but a provider’s flexibility to provide services across settings is important.
- How do you determine goals for therapy? During the assessment stage, a provider will conduct a functional behavior assessment to gain a better understanding of what the functions of the problem behaviors are (sensory stimulation, escape, access to attention or access to tangibles). Additionally, the provider should conduct standardized assessments to understand the frequency and intensity of problem behaviors, skill deficits and strengths. Finally, an evaluation of the individual’s environment will be conducted to gauge which environmental factors may need to be adjusted in order to achieve stated goals. All of the above will be incorporated into a behavior intervention plan that is tailored to your child – accordingly, as a parent or caregiver, you should be an integral part of the assessment and behavior intervention plan creation process. While the assessment process will inform goals for treatment, an ABA therapist should not dictate the goals. A collaborative approach should be taken and all goals should be mutually agreed-upon.
- How is progress measured and how often do you re-evaluate goals? At the onset of services, baseline data will be collected (see the ABC’s of Applied Behavior Analysis blog post) to provide a point of reference over the course of services. As services continue, progress data should be collected every session. These data will allow the ABA provider to measure progress in a manner that is quantifiable. As goals are achieved or skills are mastered over time, they will move into other categories of priority, and new goals and skills will be introduced. The process of evaluating progress data should be continuous to ensure that one-on-one time with your provider is maximized, rather than continuing to implement an intervention plan which the data indicates is not effective.
- Other important questions: What kind of insurance do you accept? What will my role be over the course of services? What training will I receive as a caregiver? Are you able to provide services during times that align with my schedule? Do you have a waitlist for services and how long is it? How many hours will you be able to work with my child? Do you have experience working with children that have similar developmental goals as mine?
You’re Not Alone
Are you struggling with behavior that makes life difficult for your family? Is learning specific skills a challenge for your child?
We understand how difficult this is for you, and are here to give you access to the services and supports you need. Don’t let a diagnosis intimidate you.
The prevalence of autism has increased dramatically in the United States from 7 per 1,000 children in 2000 to 17 per 1,000 children in 2014. That’s why KNR Therapy exists—to meet the growing need for providers who offer evidence-based therapy for children with autism and related disorders. Our goal is to provide intensive therapy and training early in the process so that over time you and your family feel confident managing your child’s development outside of scheduled therapy hours.
Managing the challenges of parenting a child with ASD isn’t easy, but together we will work toward:
- Addressing Challenging Behaviors
- Increasing Communication Skills
- Increasing Social and Play Skills
- Increasing Coping Skills
- Improving Self-Help and Daily Living Skills
Don’t Stop Dreaming
Don’t stop dreaming dreams for your child. We will give you the tools and resources to feel confident about your future.
One day you will look back on today and wish you could reassure yourself because you’ve got this. And we’re here to help!
Our Promise to You
Whether your child was recently diagnosed or has received autism treatments in the past, our approach is built on iterative planning, monitoring, and ongoing assessments that evolve over time and are specific to each child. A key pillar of our model is to equip parents, family members and caregivers with tools and training materials so that they can support learning and skill practice outside of scheduled therapy hours. Our trained providers are committed to driving outcomes and will be with you to provide ongoing support and feedback along the way.
Important Things to Know About Supporting Neurodivergent People in The Workforce (Part 1) Neurodiversity refers to variation in the human brain. This term highlights how diverse everyone’s mind is regarding sociability, learning, attention, mood, and a plethora of...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEKNR TherapyApril 15, 2021 Fueled by a shared vision to build the leading provider of ABA services in the U.S. Tampa, FL. Shields Capital and KNR Therapy, a leader in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) that provides...
What happens after you learn that your child had been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)? This diagnosis is often an overwhelming, life-changing event for families. However, you are not alone in this. Understanding what to do after your child has been...
Join Our Growing Team
Our people are our greatest asset. We are looking for qualified, compassionate people to join our growing team. Apply today.
Current positions include:
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst
- Registered Behavior Technician
What Makes Us Different?
- Mission-driven organization focused on clinical excellence and outcomes
- Commitment to ongoing professional training and education
- Use of technology and systems to monitor outcomes and engage families
- Competitive compensation and benefits including health and PTO
Contact KNR Therapy
Please contact us directly with any questions, comments or inquiries you may have.